Get Your Free
Welcome to Maryland Tree Transplanting
Top Notch Tree Transplanting Since 1976
Grass Roots Tree Transplanting is the leading tree transplanting company in Maryland, Virginia, and DC. When you need to transplant or transport a tree there is no other company in the area that will provide the precision and care to ensure that your tree survives the move.
It can take decades for a sapling to grow into a well-established shade tree. Sometimes, it’s fun to see that tree grow, but often you want to retain your mature plantings even when you move or you add a new room to your home. In addition, it can be difficult to gauge how big that tree will grow when it’s just a sapling. You can find years later that the tree impedes your view, provides too much (or too little) shade or even is growing too close to your home. Grass Roots Tree Transplanting can help you with Anne Arundel County tree transplanting for all of these situations and more.
We move trees and shrubs of up to 30 feet tall with our specialized equipment. The same machine digs up the tree, transports it to its new location and replants the tree, thus minimizing the time that the tree is out of the ground and exposed to the elements.
Grass Roots Is The Premier Tree Transporter In Anne Arundel County
We Specialize In
Tree Transplanting Services In Maryland And Beyond
There are a number of reasons to move a large, well-established tree. Just a few of these include:
- To improve or reduce shade. Sometimes a tree grows so full that it throws so much shade on your home that your rooms are dark and dreary. Conversely, a tree can be re-sited nearer to your home, so it helps to shade your rooms during the heat of the summer, reducing your energy bills.
- To re-site a tree that’s growing too close to your foundation. Sometimes a tree can grow larger than you anticipated, threatening to disturb your foundation.
- To add visibility/privacy to your home. Too much foliage around your home can be an open invitation to burglars, getting them a place to hide while they break into your home. On the other hand, a lack of foliage can leave your windows exposed to all passersby.
- To relocate a favorite tree when you move. If you’re like most homeowners, you spend years nurturing a tree. It’s difficult to leave that planting behind when you move. We make it so you don’t have to leave that favorite tree at your old home.
- To make room for a new addition. If you’re building onto your home, you may have a tree or trees that are in the way of the new room. We offer an alternative to chopping down the tree.
How it works
Our six-step tree transplanting process makes it easy for you, the homeowner, to re-site your large tree or trees.
- First, we meet with you, view the tree and the site and assess whether it’s possible to get our equipment where it needs to be to transplant the tree.
- We check with the utility companies to make sure that there are no utility pipes or cables in the vicinity of the new tree site.
- We dig a hole for the tree’s new home.
- We tie up and dig up the tree.
- We transport the tree, plant it, untie it and water it.
- We stake the tree to keep it stable until a new root system is established.
To learn more about Annapolis tree transplanting and how our service can enhance your property, contact Grass Roots Tree Transplanting at (insert contact info.) We’ve been helping Maryland home and business owners for more than (insert number ) years.
See what our customers have to say
Have an Idea?
Contact us Today!